Have you always wanted to download any Android apps on PC instead on your tablet or phone? That is no longer as difficult as it may sound. Had it been a few months back, it would have been difficult but thanks to a group of Android developers known as redphx downloading Android apps directly on your computer or laptop is now quite easy with the use of the APK Downloader Chrome Extension which by its name aids you in downloading APK files from the Android market and into your computer or laptop. There are simple steps that you have to dofor downloading Android appson PC. But before anything else, you must have the following requirements:
• Google Chrome Browser, latest versions are better
• An account ID and password for Android Market, a test account is ok to use
• Device ID
Here are the easy instructions on how you can download some of the Android apps on PC:
1. Assuming you have all the requirements mentioned above, start by launching Google Chrome in your computer.
2. Go to the Android developer’s website and download the Downloader Chrome Extension. A pop up dialogue box or new tab will be opened named “Options” right after clicking “Install”.
3. If you encounter an error message stating that “You must disable the SSL error in order to use that extension, Read more” which usually appears the top side of the login form, just make a new Google Chrome shortcut, right click on it then click on “Properties” from the dialogue box.
4. On the “Properties” box that will pop out, click on the “Shortcut” tab.
5. On the “Target” box, type in a space and then these texts (without the open and close quotations) “- ignore- certificate- errors” This should be inserted after the chrome. exe text. The text in “Target” field must look something similar to this at the tail part: Application\chrome.exe –ignore-certificate-errors.
6. Click “Apply” and then “OK”
7. If done, you can now restart your Google Chrome browser however, you should restart it using the new Chrome shortcut you created and modified. Steps 3 to 6 should fix the error experienced previously.
8. Moving on, type in the email address being used on Android Market and password of the Google account which is registered on your Android gadget.
9. If you are not aware of these or you want to find out your gadget’s ID follow this:
o Install the Device ID app from Android Market and it should show you your gadget’s ID as well as the email address/es associated with it.
10. Once ready and typed, click on “Login”. Do not forget to select your country and mobile carrier on the next page. “Save Settings” and you should be done! You can now start to download the Android apps on PC!
This Chrome extension is quite useful as you will be able to download your favorite Android apps which are not available in your country or if you have limited access or no direct access at all on your device to the Android Market. You will now be able to download the Android apps on your computer with ease and simplicity. Hope this guide helps!